Instructions for using the Latte-Whip
For best results:
To prevent splashing and overflow of liquid:
- Foam the milk after it has been heated first to 40-70°C or 110-160°F (20-50 seconds in a microwave) but do not boil. Foam made from cold milk tends to collapse quickly!
- Use only fresh alkaline AA batteries and insert them as shown on the handle of the Latte-Whip.
- Be careful not to bend the blending rod. Bending the rod will impair the function of the Latte-Whip.
- Use whole fat or low fat milk enriched with protein and calcium.
- Do not fill the cup to the top. Be careful to leave at least 5 cm (2 inch) space for the foam. The appliance is not suitable for foaming in small cups. Use regular cups and transfer the liquid to cups of the desired size after foaming.
- Do not begin to cream before the blender head is fully immersed in the liquid, close to the side of the cup.
We recommend sprinkling cinnamon, or a drop of vanilla extract, or a few grains of vanilla flavored coffee, etc. to the coffee and milk to be foamed. The Latte-Whip is recommended for blending milk-based cocktails such as pina colada and milk, or nectarino with milk, as well as for mixing thin sauces such as vinaigrette. If no means are available for heating the milk just add a little boiling water to the milk before foaming. If you don’t have a fridge you can also use long life milk.
Using The Latte-Whip
- To prevent splashing, hold the LATTE-WHIP vertically inside the cup so that it is totally immersed in the liquid, close to the bottom and next to the side of the cup (not in the center of the cup). Be careful not to let the Latte-Whip touch the bottom or side of the cup when it is in operations.
- Blend for 5-30 seconds, using a counter-clockwise rotary motion until the desired level of foam is attained. It helps to tilt the cup a little while foaming.
- By combining the rotary motion with an up and down motion you will create extra foam. Be sure to foam the top third of the liquid in your cup while keeping The Latte Whip away from the sides of the cup. Continue the circular motion towards the centre. As a rule: Blending in the middle of the cup will produce a lot of airy foam which can then be made thick and rich by blending on the bottom and close to side of the cup.
- The blender head should be rinsed as soon as you have finished foaming.
- If the speed of foaming and/or the amount of foam decreases, replace the batteries.
- If the foam, collapses quickly, reheat the milk and repeat the foaming process.
Instructions for cleaning
Use a damp cloth to clean the handle. Do NOT emerce in water. To clean the rod use a sponge and dishwashing liquid being very careful not to bend the rod. The blender head can be cleaned by filling a cup with water and turning whip on and off or simply place under running tap water. Turm on again to spin dry. DO NOT use a DISHWASHER to clean your Latte Whip.
- Do not hold the Latte-Whip close to your face while it is in operation.
- Do not touch the blender blade while it is in operation.
- Do not use the Latte Whip for any other uses than those described in the instructions. It is a MIlk Frother
- Keep the Latte-Whip out of the reach of children.